Monday, January 14, 2013

Halfway There

Hello everyone,

This post just reminds me of this song. Listen to this clip while you read below.


When I think of halfway there, this song reverberates through my head, though I don't know if the song provides any more parallels than that. This week represents the halfway point of my senior year, which incorporates a mixture of emotions. I wouldn't say I'm living on a prayer, rather that I'm living the dream. College makes you think, dream and desire more. You aren't asked to settle, but look beyond the average and seek the extraordinary. Oddly enough that leads students to seek life beyond these gates, which is where my emotion lies. Three and a half years at Mercyhurst have changed how I define myself. It's difficult to move away from the place that has created that definition, however because of it it's hard not to seek more. Luckily, it's only halfway there and not graduation day, because I still have four months to enjoy Mercy World (Mercy World - slag term, the world that is Mercyhurst).

The last week threw me on my butt. I'm just finally getting back with the swing as I am recovering from the flu and strep simultaneously. I have been to the doctor twice in the last week and all I can say is that the nurses at the Cohen Health Center are incredible. They are just so caring and sweet. I feel better just thinking about it!

Jan. 26, 2013 | 12 p.m. - 5 p.m. | Harbor View Miniature Golf
Finally, two week countdown until the Frozen Putt-A-Thon. I love this whole learning thing. We have been working on this since our first meeting in August and have seen our fair share of disappointment, but I am proud of our group not letting that get them down! Click the link above for more information and click to join our Facebook event.

That's all I have for you! Enjoy the second half of your January. Remember, the days only get longer from here! :-)

Thanks for reading,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment