Monday, January 10, 2011

Midterm Madness

Hello Everyone,

So it looks, at least for the moment, that there will be no more video posts. I have two posts that I never was never able to get up from before the holidays, but I'm still working on it.

Regardless, the holiday season is over and its back to work. It would seem as though the professors didn't skip a beat over the holidays because as we'll returned to normalcy last week, they were already going full steam ahead. (which is why I didn't have a chance to post)

My classes are all going relatively well, but i could be doing better. As midterm is at the end of the week, I have a lot of catching up to do. Philosophy continues to be a pain, I'm not sure what it is, but what I do know is that I am thankful that I only have to take one philosophy course.

Catholic Persons and Traditions (let me remind you that I did in fact choose this course, which you could choose something outside of Catholicism and even Christianity all together) has been a great. I have enjoyed learning more about my personal religion and the discussion that comes with learning about a faith.

Crisis Communications has been an amazing course. It's very discussion based and we go through different crises, such as BP oil spill, the Toyota recalls, and more. We discuss the role of PR as it works to maintain companies images.

Finally, Communication Techniques is an amazing course because it is 100% practical. We have a different project due every week, but they are exactly the information that we discussed throughout the week. i.e.- press releases, memos, fact sheets, etc. Its great to be able to learn about stuff related to your field when you're only a sophomore.

Okay, so I I know you would have appreciated this update a lot sooner, but I got it out to you. I can only hope that senior year is going well for everyone and that Mercyhurst is still in the running for you all. As always, please Please PLEASE feel free to contact me at any time with any questions or concerns. My knowledge is at your disposal.

Take it easy. Thanks for reading,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment