Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm still alive (believe me)

Hello Everyone,

Wow... I didn't realize it's been so long, my apologies. Life at Mercyhurst is hop'n. Anyone who may think that 4 classes are an easy course load is mistaken, though I wouldn't change it.

So, over the last week I have turned in one two-page paper, two six-page papers and a presented a 30-minute presentation. With that all in, I've realized that I now have two group projects due next week, both requiring complementing presentations, an eight-page paper due next week and a test next Tuesday... not to mention my online portfolio and various other comm. projects. I know, A LOT! But whining won't help anything so I'll step off my soapbox and let it go.

Erie has been... well, Erie. It's been cold and blustery, but with all the snow it makes for a good skiing night, therefore I will be disappearing tomorrow night to the ski resort to relieve some of my stresses on the hill. I'm excited!

Beyond that, my search for a summer internships is full steam ahead and showing promise. This past week I accepted an offer from Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom in Allentown, Pa, but as I am still getting interviews to other parks, I am not certain what will end up happening. I really like Dorney and its small park atmosphere, but when you get an interview with SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Williamsburg, it would just seem as though the latter two have a greater adventure attached to them. Think about it, what would spending a summer in Orlando be like?! hmmmm... unless you live in Orlando and then you could e-mail and tell me all about it. Just an idea!

Finally, I have got to take some time to publicly thank my advisor, mentor and professor for all of her help. Meghan Corbin is our Marketing Director and a professor in the comm. dept, and without her I would not be getting the internship offers, or even interviews, that I am. She has spent time working on my resume with me, answering my numerous questions regarding if I should call an organization back, tips on how to have a better phone interview and countless more. What it all comes down to is... Thank you Meghan! (She checks these every once and a while! :-D)

Well, that's all I got for now. Keep pluggin seniors, you're almost there and college is just around the corner. Be excited! Best of luck with your college decisions, even if its not Mercyhurst. Don't forget, e-mail me with any questions that you may have, I would be more than happy to answer them or find someone who can.

t.t.f.n.
Thanks for reading,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment