Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back from L.A., back to work

Hello Everyone,

Once again my college adventures have continued and I've thoroughly enjoyed them. I just got back last night from L.A. where I had the opportunity to travel, for the second year, to the National Broadcasting Society national convention. For three days we had the opportunity to both attend convention events and explore Hollywood, which can't get much better than that.

The conference allowed us to network with many professionals in the broadcasting industry and since I am not planning on going into broadcast, I got to understand the industry better. We got to listen to speakers such as Jason Kennedy of E! News, Jacques Thelemaque from Filmmakers Alliance and Mike Von Frend from ABC News. It might seem like a boring thing to do, but when you know that these people have done what you will one day have to do it become much more interesting and relevant.

As for touristy things, we got to spend some time in Universal City, which is the equivalent of Downtown Disney, but for Universal. We had a tour of the Kodak Theather, searched the Walk of Fame and Chinese Theater, as well as went to Santa Monica where we went to the Santa Monica Pier and Pacific Ocean. It was a very good opportunity to see all of these places and meet all of these people, all of which is in thanks to Mercyhurst College and the Communication Deptartment, which paid for the trip. THANK YOU!

This term is panning out to be much more... umm... lets say relaxed then last term. All of my classes (Accounting I, New Media, Intro to Integrated Marketing, and Art Appreciation) are important, but simply enjoyable. I'm happy to get back into the swing of things.

Ask around for me if any of you are coming to Laker Live-in this weekend!

Have a good week,
Thanks for reading,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment