Thursday, June 9, 2011

Internship continues

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying this heat. Just remember, in six months we'll be complaining about the cold, that's what gets me through.

I am still down here in Williamsburg, Virginia and everything is going GREAT! I haven't actually done much in my position because the park is still running a minimum capacity, but I've been told that once the schools get out I will assume my more supervisory position instead of the team member position that I have been living for the last two weeks. The park has been having about 1-2 thousand guests a day, but over the next two weeks we will begin having between 8-12 thousand a day, so there are big changes coming to my job in the next couple weeks.

One of the really cool parts of this Busch Gardens Internship is the weekly speaker series that we get to see. Last week was merchandise and this week was financial services. Now, that sounds horrible, but once you take even a basic accounting class you can really keep up with the terminology and understand the basics of how a company operates, especially a company as large and complex as SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment.

In short, I have finally settled in and am loving my internship.

I hope everyone is enjoying this summer weather and excited for the journey that lies ahead of them. I would have never been able to foresee this journey I am on, but I am now so thankful for the guidance and empowerment that has been provided to me by Mercyhurst.

Thanks for reading,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment