Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving! There is so much to be thankful for in 2012 and much to look forward to in 2013. Much has been learned and experienced and I would be remiss if I didn't take time to acknowledge these things on such a day.

First, my experiences at Six Flags Great America with Katy Enrique, Lisa Scheuring and the gang were absolutely spectacular and were made a reality by Cassie and Brent Bertke who taught me so
much generosity and opened their home to me in ways I could have never imagined.

I have had the pleasure to foster friendships that will never be forgotten and while there are many people to name, my heart falls towards the unwavering support of Andrew Felice, Alexandra Kleckner and Katie Jeffries.

I am so grateful for the decision to go to Mercyhurst and even watch it transform into a university. There are many school people who have helped me along the way, but none more so than my Mercyhurst Professor Meghan Corbin. Thank you for continuing to push me and make me a better student and person.

I have had the opportunity of witnessing the addition of three new cousins to the fold, Lauren Winarski, Danielle Sculley and Robyn Drake Reynolds, and there is no greater family to join, though I may be biased.

I am also so very grateful for my IAAPA family. While this may be one of the newest experiences in my arsenal, IAAPA and the Show Ambassadors mean so much to me and my future. To Linda Gerson, Sarai Henning, Matt Heller, Shaun McKeogh and my fellow ambassadors, thank you. It has been a pleasure meeting and re-meeting you all, particularly the relationships of Sam Dawson, Laura Shackleton and Jordan Barner.

To my immediate family: Dad, Mom, Julie, Dan and BreAnne... thank you for another spectacular year.

And last but not least, Alaina, I feel like "Ain't no mountain wide enough" doesn't even begin to explain our perseverance, but I know we are doing what is right and that June will be here sooner than we can imagine. Thank you for your faith in me and in us.
I hope you all have a splendid Thanksgiving. 
Thanks for reading, 
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment