Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New York, NY

Hello everyone,

I am back at Mercyhurst and now hustling to get caught up with all of my classes, but who can complain after a week in New York City. While I have attached plenty of pictures below, I just want to explain the convention and give you a bit of play-by-play.

Essentially, this past weekend we took eight people to New York City for the 70th annual National Broadcasting Society Convention. This is a four day event that includes speakers, networking, site seeing and slew of other things. Wednesday night was the keynote speaker, which included two speakers, one which worked for MTV / Viacom and the other is an anchor on the MLB channel. Thursday and Friday were left open for facility tours and site seeing.

On Thursday, we got to go to the World Trade Center Memorial, Chinatown, Little Italy, the Strand Bookstore, Central Park and Time Square. We had dinner at Tony's right off of Time Square, enjoyed Toys R Us and did the Cupid Shuffle in the M&M store, though luckily, I don't think anyone got a picture of that. Friday included the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, along with a bakery called, "Babycakes" (Don't ask, just Google it).

Throughout the week I attended business meetings, which included the organizational business of maintaining a non-profit organization. Saturday morning we voted on the new board members and attended sessions on positioning, social media, young professionals and leadership. Every year I go to these things and I always take some resounding message back from them, which this year is the theme of video. While I've made the promise of videos in the past, I've let things get in the way of that, but not anymore. It is all of your jobs to keep me working on that. :-)

Please check out the pictures below, and thanks for reading!

Joe






















No comments:

Post a Comment