Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Orlando, Florida

Hello Everyone,

While I remain pleased that I am going to go to the Annual IAAPA Convention, it means that I have a lot of work to do before I get there. Funny enough, this past weekend was fall break and I got to travel to Orlando Florida (Yes, I'm going again in three weeks) for the Annual PRSSA Conference (Public Relations Student Society of America).

 
Shamu bust'n a move
While the administration may not approve, I am going to talk about Orlando now and the conference later, because while the conference was good, lets face it, the parks we got to go to were much more memorable (though I have notes from the conference to help me remember that).

So, just discussing our adventures. Our plane left Pittsburgh at 7:50 a.m. on Thursday morning, which ended up being a blessing in disguise because the conference didn't start until Friday so we were able to use my free tickets I had from working at Busch Gardens to get the three of us in for cheap. So we got to ride the roller coasters and see the major shows. It was pretty cool!

Group in front of the Hogwarts Castle
Friday morning was conference intense, with more info coming in the future, but the afternoon was free so we were able to go to Universal Islands of Adventure. Of course, as a coaster junkie I enjoyed the Incredible Hulk and Dragon's Challenge, but I am also a large Harry Potter nerd (and proud of it). The detail of everything, most specifically the shops and food, more specifically Butterbeer, were great! The butterbeer is like a rootbeer, cream soda and butterscotch goodness. It's hard to explain, but simply delicious.


Finally, there was space actually reserved to visit Disney as Disney was one of the primary sponsors of the conference. My girlfriend Alaina, who was with us, had left over Disney tickets from the last time her family was there and we got us in FREE! So we spent a few hours at Magic Kingdom and an additional few at Epcot, since they were connected by monorail. We got to do Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Express at Magic Kingdom, as well as Mission Space and Test Track at Epcot. Needless to say, a great adventure for free.
Disney World, where else?

Thats all I got. You'll get to hear more about the educational side of the trip next post, but its great that the school helps us afford these opportunities. As you will hear from the next post, we learned a lot and had a great experience.

Thanks for reading,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment