Sunday, October 14, 2012

November's Coming

Hello everyone,

If you've been following me for a while, you probably remember me mentioning IAAPA. IAAPA stands for the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions. So you ask yourself, why would Joe be excited for this IAAPA thing? Well, because in November I get to travel to Orlando for the 2012 IAAPA Attractions Expo. This is the business expo for everyone who is involved in the amusement park industry and I am proud to once again represent IAAPA as a show ambassador as I continue to learn and network in this industry. 

Working in the amusement park industry is a dream to me and IAAPA represents that dream coming true. There is a large sense of accomplishment that accompanies being accepted into this program, particularly even for the second time. Out of hundreds of applicants, my risks have paid off and have gotten me noticed. Spending my last two summers in Williamsburg and Chicago respectively, were two of the most difficult decisions that I have ever had to make, but by not taking the easy way I feel like I have been rewarded. 

The IAAPA Attractions Expo provides me the opportunity to learn amongst industry professionals, attend education sessions on various industry topics and most of all the opportunity to gain event execution experience. This year the IAAPA ambassador team has asked me to take part in regulating and providing content to the IAAPA social media sites, including both Facebook and Twitter pages. This is just an additional opportunity for me to take more out of this experience. 

Everything in life here at Mercyhurst continues to point toward my career, and my education here, combined with the guidance provided by my professors, gives me a real advantage. I am proud of my education and where I have come from. Now November 9 just can't come soon enough. 

Thanks for reading, 
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment