Thursday, January 17, 2013

Industry Articles

Hello everyone, 

This week's article is brought to us by the PRSA, the parent organization of the Mercyhurst PRSSA chapter. Interesting enough, the gentleman who was interviewed is David Mandt, the Vice President of Communication for IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions). This is interesting because David was my supervisor during the 2012 IAAPA Attractions Expo during my stint as a social media ambassador. He comes with many years of combined experiences in the amusement and PR worlds, and I am very excited to have the opportunity to learn from him once again. 

While you can find the link to David's article here, I wanted to pull out two things that David said that hit me particularly well. He said that for someone looking to get into the travel and tourism sector they should, "have a passion for this business." He also said why he loves working in the industry, "I love working in an industry that’s all about making people smile." I feel that these two things align closely with my own prospective and I really enjoyed the positive affirmation that I am heading in the right direction.

Thanks for reading, 
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment